Ethos and Values
Lance Holt School in Fremantle has built up its own strengths, traditions and unique learning environment. Here we try to convey in people’s own words something of the school’s ethos and ethics-its atmosphere, rights and obligations – in a selection from many quotations offered by students, teachers and parents.
The Values Statement is the core values from which we operate. No single comment will be equally true for everybody, but taken together they give an accurate and very positive impression of “The Lance Holt Way”.
- We are committed to developing a wonder of the natural world and encouraging a care of the environment that reflects a global stewardship;
- We recognise the importance of learning as a life-long process;
- We actively pursue cooperation and the peaceful resolution of conflict;
- We recognise the special vulnerability of children and their need for a safe and healthy environment;
- We see the education of children encompassing their social, emotional, academic and physical development;
- We promote shared responsibility with regard to the relationship between self and community;
- We understand the diversity and uniqueness of the Fremantle community and respect the special relationship between ourselves and that community; and
- We affirm the equal worth and basic right of all persons. In doing so we recognise individual differences and the uniqueness of the individual.