Exploring our senses
The Pre-primaries and Year Ones have been exploring their senses.
Firstly in the classroom we set out stations to explore their five senses.
- TASTE – we tasted lemon, cocoa, sugar and salt and discussed sour, bitter, sweet and salty.
- SIGHT – we tried drawing pictures while blindfolded.
- TOUCH – we felt items in a mystery box and tried to identify them.
- HEARING – we guessed different items hidden inside ‘eggs’ by the sounds they made.
- SMELL – we spelt 6 different things hidden in jars (cinnamon, lemon, basil, peppercorns, onion and coffee). Boy, oh, boy onion is not a popular smell!
Secondly in the community exploring the touch, sights, smells, sounds and tastes of Fremantle. Students identified their favourite TASTES. The most popular tastes were Fish & Chips, Pizza, Ice-cream and Hot Chocolate. Danica and Anna then took the class on an excursion to experience all these tastes!